Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Money Issues

So I decided today to join Mint.com For those of you who don't know about it, it's this website that links up to your bank account and displays in cute little pie charts how much you've been spending and on what. There are different categories: Shopping, Financial, Health and Fitness, Food, etc... as well as subcategories like Clothing, Coffee Shop, Restaurant, etc... It's pretty nice and I bet I'll keep using it. However, the default setting was a budget of $20 dollars for shopping. Only 20 dollars? And for a whole month? Well, shortly after signing up I got an email saying I had gone waayy over my budget. There is some way to set up your own personal budgets, but I haven't gotten to that yet. Still lots to explore on this thing. But anyway, that got me thinking to other financial troubles I'm having. Of course, what I'm talking about is the Christmas/Holiday Season. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. I love Christmas movies, Christmas carols, Christmas Nativity plays, and Christmas Spirit. But the thought of trying to get really cool presents for people without losing all my hard earned money is starting to give me nightmares. It just does not seem possible.

So here's my plea to you, you most amazing readers of this blog (I'm assuming I must have readers, based on the fact that my number of views has been going up, but who knows?) What should I do? Any tips on how to spend money wisely for the Holidays? I realize I probably should be the one spouting ideas for stuff like this, and believe me I will, once I get over the sticker shock of holiday shopping, but for now I ask for a little help. A hint perhaps? :) More later.

No comments: