Friday, August 14, 2009

Birthday Dinner

Tonight I went with my brother, sister, parents, and paternal grandparents to an Italian restaurant in my hometown. It was a nice place, great food. I ended up eating way more than I should have, starting my meal with tomato bisque, going through a veal entree, and ending with Tiramisu. I won't be surprised if I gained 10 pounds from that one meal! We went out to celebrate my sister's 13th birthday and my 19th. She will be 13 tomorrow, and my birthday is on the 25th of August. I was hoping we would end dinner in time so that I could watch The Time Traveler's Wife, which came out today, but somehow we stayed there for almost 3 hours. 

I am so excited to see the movie. Right now I'm on page 132 of the book. Not only is the book great so far, but I absolutely adore Rachel McAdams. She's such an amazing actress, she's beautiful, and because she's rarely in the tabloids there's no reason to hate on her. My favorite movie of hers is The Family Stone, which is such a warm, feel good movie. I highly recommend watching it if you haven't already. 

In terms of my birthday, I'm a little apprehensive about turning 19. Does this mean it really is my last year as a teenager? I don't want to have to refer to myself as a woman rather than a girl because I'll feel old, which, at 19, is a bit ridiculous. Also, does anyone ever notice that the word man has a positive connotation, whereas using the word woman to describe a teenage girl somehow seems inappropriate? What is it that makes boys want to be called men and girls cringe at being called a woman? Any thoughts?

No comments: