Anyway, the post did get me thinking about ways that I would enjoy making my life a little simpler. This month, February, is the Month of Love for my Happiness Project. One of the ways that I should act in a loving way to myself is by having some time for myself away from the craziness that is the life of a college student in a city.
Here are some ideas to give myself more time:
- Turning off my electronics an hour before bedtime
- Organizing what I need for the day the night before (No more running around going crazy trying to find everything)
- Spending less time on my schedule (I tend to overschedule, which I'm beginning to see is a way of procrastinating)
- Waking up earlier. (My ultimate goal is to be able to wake up and have energy at 7:00 a.m. My current wake up time ... 7:45 or 8:00.)
- Paint my nails a gorgeous, cheery color
- Make collages from my old magazines
- Do the Laundry (Having dirty clothes around makes me feel like my life's gotten too crazy to handle even the simple things.)
- Settle down with a good book.