Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter Break: Day 2

This morning I tried to post a video of myself singing Silent Night, but I can't get it to load on blogger. Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out later. (So if you see a post wishing you a Merry Christmas next April, don't get confused)

Another thing I had wanted to do was take some of my own pictures for this blog, but, unfortunately, I think I left my camera's battery at my dorm in Boston. I figure that pictures are often what draws people into reading blog posts, but then again, my blog is still quite young, so maybe I really have no idea.

In other news, all but one of my grades are in, and I somehow managed to do much better than I thought I would. A holiday miracle perhaps? Now that I can stop worrying about school (Finally), I'm trying to think of fun things to do that are relaxing (aka not stressful) but productive at the same time. I've gotten to have a minor obsession with productivity blogs and books.
Some of my favorites include http://www.calnewport.com/ He has a blog that talks about studying habits for college students. He also wrote a book called "How to Become a Straight-A Student: The Unconventional Strategies Real College Students Use to Score High While Studying Less" This book is really helpful so I definitely recommend reading it before the next semester begins.
Another good website is http://www.hackcollege.com

But enough about school. While I'm sad that most of the television shows I watched this fall are on hiatus, (Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, and Glee) to name a few, I am also excited to see Greek return this January. I'm still a little behind though, so I need to watch the last few episodes before then.

Well, I'm off to the library to return "In the Woods" by Tana French. It was amazingly terrifying. A murder mystery where one of the main detectives on the case plays an interesting role. In the 1980s he and his two friends ran into that woods, and only he came back. When they found him, he had blood in his shoes and no memory of what had happened. Then, years later, after he has changed his name and tried to leave the past behind him, he gets put on this case. Definitely read this if you have the time. I couldn't put it down, and managed to finish it in about 2 days.

Hope everyone's break is going well :)

1 comment:

Kelly Sutton said...

Thanks for mentioning HackCollege!