Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wardrobe Contemplation

Looking through my heaps of clothes to find something to wear is an almost impossible task. I've come to realize that I only wear about 20 pieces of my entire wardrobe. I lack some key basics, and I tend to buy similar things. Now is the time for my spring clothing remix.

One of the big problems with my wardrobe is the sheer number of plain, fitted t-shirts. I even have 2 t-shirts of the exact same color! (Though one is made of a stretchier fabric, and the other is slightly more sheer) I have t-shirts galore, with at least 2 or three same exact shirts in different colors!

My goal for this spring is to get some patterns into my outfits. The riskiest thing that I've worn in a while are stripes. So, today, I decided to pull out my Urban outfitters crocheted white tank top and put it under my favorite cardigan (the reddish one that I'm sure you've seen me post about a million times).

Here are some examples of the new kinds of tops I want to infiltrate my wardrobe. While they don't all have to be patterned, I definitely want either an interesting shape, or texture.


I adore this top from Free People. It's $78, but I'm sure I could get a lot of wear out of it. With dark skinny jeans and cute flats, this could be a great outfit for night. Under a cardigan and with a lighter pair of jeans, it could be my perfect daytime look. This top is shown in "Indigo" but there is also a color that is mysteriously called "Mushroom", even though it looks pink to me. 



Another thing I found on Free People, a cute cardigan with a pattern on it. It is sheer in the back and on the sleeves. It definitely would be a cute addition to my wardrobe, without diverging too much, I think, from what I normally like to wear. This cardigan is also $88


I also find this top to be pretty interesting. While it's not something that I would normally pick out, the texture and shape of this silk top make it a great piece to layer under a long cardigan. (I do love my cardigans, after all) This is $66 on Piperlime.


Probably the most daring pattern I'm liking right now is this top from Piperlime. It is only $55 by BB Dakota. 


Do you have any suggestions for me about where to look for cute, interesting pieces? What kind of patterns or textures are you loving right now? 

1 comment:

Jen Hsieh said...

oooh great picks! i'm always craving pieces from free people (i love that patterned cardigan as well) but the price always scares me away. for the spring i'm definitely really into nudes, laces, and tiny florals right now. :)